• OLA CALKA



    In my work I use various materials such as metal frames, strings, loose fabrics, plaster, latex, wires and rubber paint. I experiment with ceramics, photography and collage among other media and also search for new uses for found objects.

    I admire nature but I am also fascinated by complex cities like London and take inspiration from this amazing multicultural organism. I observe the world surrounding me. I search for inspiration in every moment of my life.

    I observe people. I am fascinated by the human body's flexibility. Its ability to stretch. I admire its beauty. I allow myself to use it as an inspiration but I never dare to copy its perfection. Sometimes I aim for previously imagined visual effect, but very often I make my art for the sake of making. I think that the language of art is a fantastic medium to communicate especially in a multicultural environment.

    0 comments → OLA CALKA

    Post a Comment