• JOHN WITHERS



    I seek to incorporate ideas of simplicity, peace, truth and power. I am interested in the subjective or provisional nature of progress, and not least the impact on the Earth and on human psychology. In particular I enjoy the emergence of layers of meaning from an initial idea and an initial perception. I like to allow the flow of interaction of the concept and materials to evolve and to have dominance over any conscious planned outcome. Often I will attempt to tease that edge between closure of meaning and dialogue with the work. I hope to question fixed assumptions and the idea of absolutes.

    I like to include found objects and materials and sometimes combine these with organic materials collected directly from nature, frequently emphasising the apparent incongruity of the partnership. I am open to absorb a wide range of processes and materials into the work. For example sound, chemistry, electronics, text, poetry and images, alongside worked materials.

    0 comments → JOHN WITHERS

    Post a Comment