• SUZANNE BRIDGEWATER



    I explore themes relating to the natural world, landscape and the environment and am especially interested in investigating ideas of impermanence and decay, the beauty of the ordinary and the taken-for-granted. I work intuitively responding to personal experiences and reflections triggered by wider issues - environmental, social or spiritual.

    I use found materials, bronze, metals, flowers, plants, wire, plastic, wax, wood, string or paint to construct installations or pieces which encourage reflection and thought. Recent work has emerged from experimenting with the production of bronzes and I have enjoyed using bronze to cast nettles, weeds and garden flowers preserving the unnoticed and acknowledging their beauty. This phase of my work has included production of a bronze produced from a fresh prawn, now an everyday food but one with a major environmental impact. I am interested to wrap, conceal or disguise my work to provoke debate and develop my practice.

    0 comments → SUZANNE BRIDGEWATER

    Post a Comment